|Point La Jolla (Taken 7.16.23)|
I guess I started this post a couple weeks ago and never posted, so I'll put this up before I get to my listings. I'm currently watching "Wilderness" on Prime and am super into it, so hopefully a good binge will help me get some work done.
Things have been going pretty great these days. I've been working a lot which is good since the Zoo is back to closing at 6pm and I have the time. I'm not on any big fitness kick, but I have turned back on my Samsung Health step counter and have been doing really great if you don't count Tuesday, in which I spent the day recovering from Monday, when SDZWA had their annual Employee Appreciation Party. This year it was at Belmont Park and we had a great time, but after we got home I couldn't resist a little tequila and stayed up way too late. So I never made it to the Zoo on Tuesday, but I did sling merch for Cut Worms which was pretty chill for being a sold out show.
Besides that, everyone seems to be doing good. Wednesday is my mom's birthday, her first without my dad, so we're going to have a big to-do to try and make it special and fun and steer away from the sadness. My birthday is coming up soon, too, and I'm looking forward to a trip to The Troubadour to see Lauren Mayberry, my gift to myself that I actually bought tickets for.
Anyway, life is good, I'm gonna get back to this murder show and get some work done. I didn't choose to cover all the news of the past few weeks because, well, yawn, but new COVID boosters are out, so I'll hopefully be getting mine soon, and also the San Diego City Council voted to close Boomer Beach and Point La Jolla year round. I was not a fan when it was proposed because I had a little special cliff spot I loved to shoot photos from, but people are assholes and ruin everything for everyone else, so I completely understand why this is the necessary solution.
Stay safe out there.
- Americans can now get an updated COVID-19 vaccine - AP News (9.12.23)
- US lab tests suggest new Covid-19 variant BA.2.86 may be less contagious and less immune-evasive than feared - CNN (9.4.23)
- When to wear masks as Covid cases rise, new variants emerge in the U.S. - CNBC (9.1.23)
- Activist Misuses Federal Data to Make False Claim That Covid Vaccines Killed 676,000 - KFF/Politifact (9.1.23)
- Coastal Commission approves year-round closure of Point La Jolla for at least the next seven years - La Jolla Light (9.7.23)
- Boomer, Point La Jolla beaches to close year-round for sea lions - City News Service/kpbs (9.19.23)
- County Breaks Ground to Build New Courts, Dog Park at Waterfront Park - County News Center (8.31.23)
- Report Shows Slight Increase In Suicide Deaths - County News Center (9.7.23)
- The Rapid Intensification of Hurricane Lee Is a Warning - Wired (9.8.23)
- Other Reading:
- 12 things student loan borrowers should know about the return to repayment - kpbs (8.31.23)
- Which U.S. Cities Have High Airbnb Densities? - Statista (9.6.23)
- San Diego has 8.8 listings per 1,000 inhabitants
- San Diego is ranked 10th in the US in high Airbnb density
- The End of Airbnb in New York. Thousands of Airbnbs and other short-term rentals are expected to disappear from rental platforms as New York City begins enforcing tight restrictions. - Wired (9.5.23)