|Lemur (Taken 8.19.22)|
I have adjusted my priorities.
I do my job. I sleep. I go places. I shop. But this shit is FOR REAL! Amiright? We did the deal, but then there was/is a major government insurgency and people travel and then with COVID and you're like, duh, I told you so, but then you get COVID and you fight all the things and then someone you know who was anti-vax and has had COVID 2 or 3 times and suddenly they need insulin because now they're diabetic but they cannot see the forest for the trees and you want to wish them the best but also, perhaps if you got the vax, you would not be dealing with this bullshit. Or at least not this extreme?
It doesn't really matter. I'm at the age that people just start dying anyway. I see these stupid pre-roll ads on YouTube and this 20 something is talking about aging and all I want (besides skipping her stupid ad) is scream in her face that nobody wants to hear about anti-aging creams or potions from a 20 year old. Bitch! Get my age and I'm just the beginning. See my mom! She will slaughter your stupid anti-aging creams and bullshit. Find love and you'll maybe live forever. Like my mom.
I deleted COVID data this week. I just can't. Not today. You know what's up. I can't be the only fight and I'd rather spend my time at the San Diego Zoo.
Be safe out there.
- Covid vaccine designed to target two variants approved for use in UK. JCVI will decide whether to use Moderna-manufactured jab in planned autumn booster campaign - The Guardian (8.15.22)
- FDA says 3 negative rapid tests needed for asymptomatic Covid cases. Repeat testing can help prevent those exposed to Covid from unknowingly spreading the virus. How often do people get Covid without symptoms? - NBC (8.12.22)
- The Pandemic’s Soft Closing. The CDC’s latest COVID guidelines are the closest the nation’s leaders have come to saying the coronavirus crisis is done. - The Atlantic (8.16.22)
- Isolation and Precautions for People with COVID-19 - CDC (Updated 8.11.22)
- What to Do If You Were Exposed to COVID-19 - CDC (Updated 8.11.22)
- New CDC isolation guidelines signal move to 'chronic' phase of the pandemic - kpbs/inewsource (8.18.22)
- Expert: CDC rollback of COVID safety measures 'premature' - kpbs (8.17.22)
- No masks required for start of San Diego Unified 2022-23 school year - kpbs (8.16.22)
- Risk of ‘brain fog’ and other conditions persists up to two years after Covid infection - STAT (8.17.22)
- Healthcare Workers Who Wear Better Masks Get Less COVID — Observational study affirms better odds of dodging infection by wearing a respirator mask - MEdPage Today (8.15.22)
- The Inflation Reduction Act … (Source: MoveOn 8.11.22)
- lowers prescription drug prices
- caps out-of-pocket health care costs for seniors
- lowers health insurance costs for 13 million Americans under the Affordable Care Act
- makes the largest investment in clean energy ever in history
- creates millions of clean-energy jobs
- reduces deficit spending and lowers costs for Americans
- makes large corporations pay more of their fair share in taxes
- Study: Climate change doubles risk of ‘megaflood’ across California - kpbs (8.15.22)
- Record Numbers of Migrants Arrested at Southern Border, With Two Million Annual Total in Sight. Border Patrol agents have made about 1.82 million arrests at the southern border in the government’s fiscal year so far, which ends Sept. 30 - The Wall Street Journal (8.15.22)
- California Avoids Further Colorado River Water Cuts, for Now - Voice of San DIego (8.18.22)
- Other Reading:
- Saudi Aramco's Profits Soar Amid High Oil Prices & Demand - Statista (8.15.22)
- What Happened When Twitter and Other Social Media Platforms Cracked Down on Extremists. In a Q&A with ProPublica reporter A.C. Thompson, former intelligence officer and data scientist Welton Chang explains how conspiracy theorists and violent racists fled to smaller platforms. Once there, their remarks festered and spread. - ProPublica (8.17.22)
- FDA Finalizes Historic Rule Enabling Access to Over-the-Counter Hearing Aids for Millions of Americans. More Affordable Hearing Aids Could Be in Stores as Soon as Mid-October - FDA (8.16.22)