The Festival of Arts in North Park is returning on May 16, 2015. The free annual festival is growing more and more every year. I'm coordinating the music scope of things to some extent, and we will once again be a multiple stage event. There are a super limited number of slots available between three stages, and between Dang and myself and a few other people, we are busy scouting and pulling from our databases to look at the best and brightest San Diego has to offer. However, to be fair, we obviously can't know every band in the region, so we're accepting submissions. The form is super basic and easy, and if you can't meet the minimum requirement of having music online to listen to, frankly you're not what we're looking for. This festival draws in excess of 30,000 people annually and we want bands on our stages who can keep the attention of all those eyeballs and earholes. TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY FOR OPEN SUBMISSIONS.
On a side note, I'm also not looking for any personal pleas. Do not text me, email me, call me, Facebook me to win favor for your band. Just submit the form. As the cliche goes, don't call us, we'll call you.
People always want to know what we're looking for, so keep in mind:
- This is a family friendly event, keep it clean (visually, lyrically)
- We are NOT looking for cover bands
- Bands with cross-demographic appeal (meaning my 7 year old niece might be as interested as my 64 year old mom)
- Reputation matters (in this small town, if you're a dick, we know about it)
- If you can't draw in a club or venue, you need more experience before you're festival ready
- The three stages we're booking are typically indie, rock, pop, garage, punk. Acoustic acts should contact Alma at Queen Bee's.
- The Festival of Arts in North Park is free community event to raise money for North Park Main Street, which is a non-profit organization that benefits North Park in innumerable ways. If you're looking for a big payday, this isn't the event for you.