|Darren, his mother Billie, and nephew Jonathan taken January 2020|
Today, the Bay Area extended their Shelter-In-Place order through May 3rd and have added the following restrictions. I wouldn't be surprised to hear similar restrictions placed on our entire region in the coming days:
- Use of playgrounds, dog parks, public picnic areas, and similar recreational areas is prohibited. These areas must be closed to public use.
- Use of shared public recreational facilities such as golf courses, tennis and basketball courts, pools, and rock walls is prohibited. These facilities must be closed for recreational use.
- Sports requiring people to share a ball or other equipment must be limited to people in the same household.
- Essential businesses must develop a social distancing protocol before April 3.
- Most construction—residential and commercial—is prohibited.
- Funerals are limited to no more than 10 people attending.
- Essential businesses will include service providers that enable residential transactions (notaries, title companies, Realtors, etc.); funeral homes and cemeteries; moving companies, rental car companies and rideshare services that specifically enable essential activities.
- Essential businesses that continue to operate facilities must scale down operations to their essential component only.
I missed the County of San Diego update today but will post if there's any new info.
(If you appreciate the posts on this site, please consider a small donation or tip via Venmo/sddialedin or Paypal.)