|Ficus In The Yard Back Before The Heat Dome (Taken 5.12.2020)|
Today Darren and Nova took Ficus to Balboa Park, went for a bike ride, played soccer, painted, played guitar together, and read for awhile, too.
And when I wasn't sleeping, I was scrolling and reading and catching up with all the rest of the news that I missed this week (Check out Heather Cox Richardson's daily breakdowns.) I think I need to get my sleep back into non-vampire hours, so I'll probably bust out some melatonin and try to sleep like a normal person for once and get back to real life in the morning. Till then, just a couple articles and today's stats, after the jump.
- Drunk Parents - Netflix
I needed a dumb comedy. This one has it's moments but also has over-the-top what-else-can-go-wrong
- The Accident - Hulu
I've been appreciating these little 4-episode mini-series because they're easy to binge. This show was pretty intense, about several kids injured in an explosion in a small town in South Wales and who is responsible.
- National Treasure: Kiri - Hulu
Watching the accident must've triggered the algorithm because one of the main actresses overlaps between the two. This one is about a foster child who goes missing and the investigation to find out what happened. This has a wholly unsatisfying, albeit realistic ending, when the truth is revealed but justice is not.
- California COVID-19 Stats:
- 6,556 New Cases/656,892 Total Cases (1.0% increase)
- 167 New Deaths/11,988 Total Deaths (1.4% increase)
- 6.4% 14-day test positivity rate
- San Diego County Stats
- State Data:
- 4,133 New Cases (Last 14 Days)/35,914 Total Cases
- 66 Deaths (Last 14 Days)/652 Total Deaths
- 122.6 cases/100k population
- 5.2% Test Positivity (Last 14 Days)
- County Data:
- 291 New Cases/36,203 Total Cases
- 8 New Daily Deaths/660 Total Deaths
- 80.2 cases (81.8 State Reporting)/100k population
- 3% Daily Test Positivity/4.2% Test Positivity (14-day average)
- Case Investigation is 96%
- 0 New/17 Community Outbreaks (7-day)
- An Epidemic of Depression and Anxiety Among Young Adults: As Covid-19 spreads, so do mental-health problems, especially among Gen Z and Millennials. A lot of this has to do with uncertainty. - Bloomberg (8.21.2020)
- When the ‘Alt-Right’ Hit the Streets: Far-Right Political Rallies in the Trump Era - SPLC (8.10.2020)