|Another Golden Takin Kid at San Diego Zoo (Taken 3.25.22)|
I wanted to wrap up the weekend with all the loose ends from my inbox while I watched the Oscars. I've never been a Will Smith fan, so the fact that he smacked Chris Rock didn't really come off to me as any more of an ass than I've always thought him to be. Chris' joke wasn't funny; he hasn't really been funny in years, and it was a bit of punching down considering Jada's alopecia, but there as no reason for this escalation and embarrassment on a live telecast.
Nova is on spring break this week so my posts may be more infrequent. I have to go help my dad but I'm sure you'll hear from me soon enough. Not to beat a dead horse, but the Deputy Press Secretary tested positive for COVID-19. Big surprise. Look at all those meetings and the photos of all those unmasked people, Biden hugging refugees and their children, even after the White House blogged about aerosol transmission just last week. It truly boggles the mind.
Stay safe out there.
- New Type of Ultraviolet Light Makes Indoor Air as Safe as Outdoors - Columbia University Irving Medical Center (3.25.22)
- Far-UVC (222 nm) efficiently inactivates an airborne pathogen in a room-sized chamber - Scientific Reports/nature (3.23.22.)
- White House diverges from CDC, focuses on aerosol COVID spread - CIDRAP (3.24.22)
- Let’s Clear The Air On COVID - The White House OSTP Blog (3.23.22)
- CDC updates mask guidance for N95s in hospitals - Becker's Hospital Review (3.25.22)
- The Idiot Convoy is bragging about driving from DC to Sacramento.
"(The Idiot Convoy) will be traveling from D.C. to California State Capitol to protest the 10 upcoming bills being voted on: SB 871 - Adds CV19 inj. to list of immunizations for public/private school, regardless of FDA approval. AB 2098 - Classifies anti-Covid medical opinion as “unprofessional conduct” subject to discipline by the medical board. SB 866 - Lowers the age of vax consent to 12 without parental consent or knowledge. SB 920 - Authorizes the medical board to inspect a doctors office and medical records without patients consent. SB 1464 - requires law-enforcement to enforce public health guidelines or lose their funding. SB 1479 - requires schools to create long-term testing plans and report test results to CDP. SB 1390 - prohibits any person or entity from making statements government deems untrue or misleading by any means including on Internet or ads SB 1184 - authorizes a School Health personnel to disclose child’s medical info without parents consent to a third-party AB 1797 - creates an immunization tracking system giving all government agencies access to VAX cards of all persons AB 1993 - requires proof of COVID-19 vax for all employees and independent contractors to work in CA These bills are up for vote in the next 2 weeks" - El American via Crowdtangle (3.27.22)
- Other Reading:
- IATSE President: Put All Academy Awards Categories On Equal Footing - IATSE (3.21.22)
- Will Smith Smacks Chris Rock on Oscar Stage After Jada Pinkett Smith Joke - Variety (3.27.22)
- White House
- State Dept
- Global COVID-19 Stats (JHU 3.27.22 8:20pm):
- 480,897,085 Known Cases/45,462,311 28-Day New Cases
- 6,123,409 Known Deaths/181,049 28-Day New Deaths
- US COVID-19 Stats
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Data Tracker
- American Academy of Pediatrics Children and COVID-19 Dashboard
- 79,954,418 Cases/1,011,708 28 Day New Cases
- 976,702 Deaths/27,689 28-Day New Deaths
- CDC Data Tracker
- 27,594 New Cases/ 79,766,087 Total Cases
- 705 New Deaths/974,277 Total Deaths
- 1,612 New Hospitalizations/10,264 Current Admissions