|Wet Leg at Music Box (Taken 3.24.22)|
There has been a lot of music news this week so I thought I'd bust out another post instead of tacking it all on the listings. Wonderfront is back, Courtney Barnett has a new traveling festival, San Diego County Fair announced their summer concert series, and sadly, we all learned yesterday of the death of Taylor Hawkins of Foo Fighters. It's a lot to take in.
Stay safe out there.
- Foo Fighters announced the passing of drummer Taylor Hawkins. No cause of death was cited. He was 50 years old.
- Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Dead At 50. Hawkins was found dead in his hotel room in Bogota, Colombia on Friday. - Consequence of Sound (3.25.22)
- Taylor Hawkins, Foo Fighters Drummer, Dead at 50. Colombia's Prosecutor's Office said toxicological tests on urine from Hawkins' body preliminarily found 10 psychoactive substances and medicines, including marijuana, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants and benzodiazepines. - NBC San Diego (3.25.22)
- Wonderfront Music & Arts Festival is back after a 2-year pandemic induced hiatus. Check out the website to sign up to get messages when tickets go on sale in April.
- Courtney Barnett is curating a traveling festival with a rotating cast of musicians called here and there. The San Diego installment will take place on August 28 at Humphrey's feat. Courtney Barnett, Indigo De Souza, and Ethel Cain. Tickets go on sale March 29 at 10am..
- San Diego County Fair has announced their preliminary lineup for their Summer Concert Series on the Grandstand Stage. Tickets go on sale Saturday, April 2 at 10am online at Ticketmaster.com.
- Wednesday, June 8: Jason Derulo; tickets $35–$75.
- Thursday, June 9: Prince Royce; tickets $25–$50.
- Friday, June 10: Shaggy; tickets $25–$50.
- Sunday, June 12: Los Tigres del Norte; tickets $25–$60.
- Wednesday, June 15: for KING & COUNTRY; tickets $35–$55.
- Thursday, June 16: Chris Young; ticket prices range from $20–$64.
- Sunday, June 19: Ramón Ayala; tickets $25–$55.
- Wednesday, June 22: Nate Bargatze, Leanne Morgan; tickets $40–$83.
- Thursday, June 23: Goo Goo Dolls; tickets $35–$50.
- Friday, June 24: Sam Hunt; tickets $40–$95.
- Saturday, June 25: John Fogerty; tickets $35–$75.
- Sunday, June 26: La Adictiva; tickets $25–$50.
- Thursday, June 30 Gabriel Iglesias; tickets $25–$77.
- Sunday, July 3: Enanitos Verdes; tickets $25–$55.
- Monday, July 4: Fireworks Extravaganza!
- KPBS did a great series about all areas of entertainment life during the pandemic. The final installment has interviews with Angie from Soda Bar and Ted from the Casbah, and is an interesting look at how everyone had to pivot and adapt.
- Two years of performance in the COVID-19 pandemic, part 1: 'You're classified as a superspreader'
- Two years of performance in the COVID-19 pandemic, part 2: 'The reason we exist is to gather people together'
- Two years of performance in the pandemic, part 3: 'If someone gets sick while they're on tour, they're going to lose money' (3.17.22)
- New Tours:
- Imagine Dragons "Mercury World Tour", Maclemore, Kings Elliot @ North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre