|Taken at San Diego Zoo (3.9.2020)|
Apparently I'm a maskhole.
My cousin is visiting from LA so we all hung out at my parents' house for some food and such. Darren and I left to get food and when we got back, she was walking her dog with the girls...they were wearing masks but not my cousin. "Are you mask exempt?" I asked her. "I'm not sick," she laughed.
Inside the house I was setting up the take out and she sat next to my dad and I told her that if she's gonna be near my dad, she needed to wear a mask.
She complied, but then it was especially awkward the rest of the night.
I just really don't know what is so complicated about any of this. Wear a mask. Wash your hands. Don't go out if you have any symptoms. Minimize mixing. Stay outside when you do. Separate further if you're eating/drinking. There are enough people getting sick through no fault of their own who are taking every possible precaution but are exposed by nature of their jobs that the rest of us don't need to be potentially spreading by being tired of following the safety measures. And we should really get used to it because we're going to be mask wearing for a very, very long time.
- California COVID-19 Stats:
- 5,945 New Cases/892,810 Total Cases (0.7% increase)
- 49 New Deaths/17,311 Total Deaths (0.3% increase)
- 2.9% 14-day test positivity rate
- San Diego County Stats
- State Data:
- 430 New Cases/53,944 Total Cases
- 4 Deaths/867 Total Deaths
- 7.8 cases/100k population (Based on week ending 10/10, Assessed on 10/20. Unadjusted Case Rate Using Linear Adjustment)
- 3.3% Test Positivity (Based on week ending 10/10, Assessed on 10/20)
- 5.5% Health Equity Positivity (Based on week ending 10/10, Assessed on 10/20)
- County Data:
- San Diego County COVID-19 Update – 10-24-2020 - County News Center
- 386 New Cases/54,314 Total Cases
- 1 New Daily Deaths/868 Total Deaths
- 4% Daily Test Positivity/3.1% (7-day avg after 7-day lag)/2.8% Test Positivity (14-day average)
- 7.0 cases/100k population (Based on week ending 10/10, Assessed on 10/20. County is reporting unadjusted case rate per 100,000 excluding prisons.
- Case Investigation is 96%
- 6 New/25 Community Outbreaks (7-day)
- 2 business
- 1 salon/barbershop
- 1 restaurant
- 1 restaurant/bar
- 1 grocery
- 25 Community Outbreaks in 7 days
- restaurant bar 5
- business 9
- restaurant 3
- grocery 1
- hair salon/barber 1
- k-12 school 1
- faith-based 1
- gym 1
- daycare 1
- healthcare 2
- News/Other Reading
- No For-Profit Ferris Wheel in Balboa Park - Change.org
- The third wave of COVID-19 is here, and it’s getting worse: Whether another wave of coronavirus has hit depends on where exactly you live, but cases are clearly surging across the United States and Europe. - Fast Company (10.19.2020)
- Trumping Science - Science (9.24.2020)
Post a Comment