|Nova with my sister's new puppy, Roxy (Taken 10.31.2020)|
I was having some kind of day today. I didn't want to get out of bed at all, enjoying the quiet of my room with my cat asleep at my feet, experiencing the double fun of PMS and PEDD (Pre-election Distress Disorder™) while Darren was at my parents' house attempting to put their shed together. I also am no fan of Halloween as I've been Then we heard that my sister got a new puppy and we jumped to action to head to Chula Vista. By the time we arrived, there was no helping Darren because he was trying to get the roof on it, I'm too short, I tripped and ate shit, and the plastic was getting all moist and impossible to work with.
And there was a puppy to be cradled and sniffed and loved and smooshed. My sister wasn't there so I didn't get the full story, but apparently Roxy came from a Tijuana rescue event that was held at Belmont Park. She's 4 months old and will be a joint custody situation between my parents and my sister's family. She's so super cute and I can't wait to see her again. We're also gonna try and introduce Ficus so she doesn't become territorial over my parents' house, but might wait until she gets all her vaccines first.
- California COVID-19 Stats:
- 5,087 New Cases/922.005 Total Cases (0.6% increase)
- 55 New Deaths/17,626 Total Deaths (0.3% increase)
- 3.1% 14-day test positivity rate
- San Diego County Stats
- State Data:
- 471 New Cases/56,387 Total Cases
- 3 Deaths/888 Total Deaths
- 7.4 cases/100k population (Based on week ending 10/17, Assessed on 10/27. Unadjusted Case Rate Using Linear Adjustment)
- 3.5% Test Positivity (Based on week ending 10/17, Assessed on 10/27)
- 5.1% Health Equity Positivity (Based on week ending 10/10, Assessed on 10/27)
- County Data:
- San Diego County COVID Update - County News Center
- 381 New Cases/56,750 Total Cases
- 3 New Daily Deaths/891 Total Deaths
- 3% Daily Test Positivity/3.3% (7-day avg after 7-day lag)/3.0% Test Positivity (14-day average)
- 6.5 cases/100k population (Based on week ending 10/17, Assessed on 10/27. County is reporting unadjusted case rate per 100,000 excluding prisons.
- Case Investigation is 97%
- 0 New/27 Community Outbreaks (7-day)
- Senators ask HHS, CDC about 'highly alarming' excess Covid-19 deaths - CNN (10.29.2020)
- The Effects of Large Group Meetings on the Spread of COVID-19: The Case of Trump Rallies - Department of Economics, Stanford University (10.30.2020)
- "we conclude that these eighteen rallies ultimately resulted in more than 30,000 incremental confirmed cases of COVID-19. Applying county specific post-event death rates, we conclude that the rallies likely led to more than 700 deaths (not necessarily among attendees)."
- Other News/Reading:
- California Mountain Lion Injured by Fire Returns to Wild After Month-Long Treatment - Yahoo! News (10.30.2020)
- I don't know where this is sourced, but it was posted by Rebecca Solnit on Facebook and it is the only thing that is going to get me through Tuesday.
From political mover/shaker Brian Colker:
Hey, there! Feeling anxious? This might help:
- There have been no polling moves of any significance in the last few days. Ignore any articles that claim it. Biden is in the strongest position from a polling standpoint of any candidate since Clinton in 1996. He's very likely to win on election night.
- Democrats are heavily favored to win the Senate. Nothing has changed there. We are keeping the House - that's a lock.
- The Democrats are fully ready to take on any legal challenges that are thrown at that. Our leaders have gamed out every single scenario and spent hundreds of millions of dollars preparing massive legal teams in every state. No joke - the republicans will NOT be able to steal this election in the Courts.
- With 100 million votes already cast, and a massive amount of them on paper, and dozens of different voting systems, and an FBI (at the state level) expecting a cyber attack, it would be very difficult for the Russians to disrupt the election in this manner.
- Yes, there will be a lot of angry, armed people when the thing loses. This is America - there are always armed, angry people. What are they going to do, exactly? How would one prepare for an onslaught of older white men being angry? There will be a lot more jubilant people celebrating. Can't worry about this one.
So... keep phone and text banking and do whatever you need to do to grind through the next four days. We're almost there.
Post a Comment