|Nova Along Bayshore Bikeway (Taken 5.10.2020)
After getting through all of yesterday's email, there wasn't a ton I wanted to share, but San Diego River Days are here and there are always some really cool things to do. Most of the in-person activities are already full since they have to maintain COVID protocols, but there are lots of hikes, self-guided walks, and obviously it is totally free and ok to just take your grabber and bucket out for trash cleanups. We love the San Diego River Garden but wanna check out a few other spots we haven't been in awhile, too.
- San Diego River Days Run May 8-16. See all the free activities.
- 6-Tips-for-Hiking-Safely from Outdoor Outreach
- The virus is an airborne threat, the C.D.C. acknowledges. -The New York Times (5.7.21)
- How COVID-19 Spreads - CDC (Updated 5.7.21)
- Scientific Brief: SARS-CoV-2 Transmission - CDC (Updated 5.7.21)
- Modes of SARS-CoV-2 transmission are now categorized as inhalation of virus, deposition of virus on exposed mucous membranes, and touching mucous membranes with soiled hands contaminated with virus.
- Although how we understand transmission occurs has shifted, the ways to prevent infection with this virus have not. All prevention measures that CDC recommends remain effective for these forms of transmission.
- Covid Testing Has Turned Into a Financial Windfall for Hospitals and Other Providers - KHN (5.7.21)
- The Statistical Secrets of Covid-19 Vaccines. They’re really very good, and they’re the only way out of the pandemic. But a tour through the numbers could bring the vaccine-hesitant into the tent. - Wired (5.6.21)
- Violence in Jerusalem - US Dept of State (5.7.21)
We call on Israeli and Palestinian officials to act decisively to deescalate tensions and bring a halt to the violence. It is absolutely critical that all sides exercise restraint, refrain from provocative actions and rhetoric, and preserve the historic status quo on the Haram al-Sharif / Temple Mount – in word and in practice. Leaders across the spectrum must denounce all violent acts. Security services must ensure the safety of all of Jerusalem’s residents and hold all perpetrators to account.