I said I'd throw in another post as I worked through my inbox, so here it is, and you get another San Diego Zoo selfie of me and D. Mostly I wanted to post because there's fun stuff happening on Saturday. Admittedly, I'll sleep through all of it, but there's a book crawl, a general environmental cleanup, and I think there's a free succulent swap at the church on Mansfield in Normal Heights, by Adams Avenue. There is still newsie stuff I wanna talk about, but maybe I'll save it for drunkie Twitter posts that will be deleted anyway. Sometimes I need to write, post, and delete for my own sanity. So it goes. More email and news to work through but I'm having fun with my dude in the speakeasy, so gotta run. Have a great weekend and stay safe out there.
- Saturday Events:
- I Love A Clean San Diego Creek To Bay Cleanup
- San Diego Book Crawl: Spend $35 at participating book stores and get Susie's Amazing Pin (designed just for me!!* *not really) (IG) (Participating Book Stores) (KPBSarts Event Page)
- People With Severe COVID-19 Have Higher Risk Of Long-Term Effects, Study Finds - NPR/kpbs (4.22.21)
Six months later, those who'd had COVID-19 were found to be at higher risk of new onset heart disease, diabetes, mental health disorders including anxiety and depression, substance use disorders, kidney disease and other problems.
- High-dimensional characterization of post-acute sequalae of COVID-19 - nature (4.22.21)
- Governor Newsom Takes Action to Phase Out Oil Extraction in California. California will work to end oil extraction as part of nation-leading effort to achieve carbon neutrality. Action will halt issuance of fracking permits by 2024 - (4.23.21)
- Gaslamp Shooting:
- 619 News Media Video Footage
- Police ID Suspect Who Allegedly Used Ghost Gun in ‘Unprovoked,' ‘Isolated' Mass Shooting in Gaslamp. San Diego police said the suspect first shot a man working as a valet outside the Pendry San Diego hotel on J Street, then fired at another group of men about a block away. - NBC San Diego (4.22.21)
- Police: 1 Dead, 4 Wounded In Downtown San Diego Shooting - kpbs/City News Service (4.23.21)