|Sea Lion at La Jolla Cove (Taken 6.15.2020)|
My Friday email was so cumbersome that when I finished last night's post, I still had a ton of unread email, so after getting through them all, I am sharing some of the more interesting reads. But I especially wanted to share that there's a bike donation thing happening at 5 regional Trek shops on Saturday from 10am-3pm. If you have used kids bikes that your kids have outgrown, in any condition, you can drop them off, they'll be serviced and refurbished, and then donated to kids in need. Pretty cool.
I also wanted to appreciate that after sending my work newsletter on Friday, I got zero responses complaining about our COVID-19 policies, but in fact asking that we get stricter and require booster shots to be considered "fully vaccinated." I would love to set that kind of restriction universally, but it's just not realistic or feasible at this time, though San Diego has a pretty good booster rate, it's not enough yet.
And let's be honest, I'll use any excuse to post more pictures of a sea lion because it's still on the brain. I reached out to Sea World's media department to ask for updates on the 94-crossing sea lion's condition, so we'll see if they respond.
Stay safe out there.
- Students Return to School Amid COVID's Omicron Surge, Express Fear, Frustration - Teen Vogue (1.7.22)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Shortens Interval for Booster Dose of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine to Five Months - FDA (1.7.22)
- 4 early findings on omicron symptoms - Becker's Hospital Review (1.6.22)
- What we know about the symptoms — and the severity — of the omicron variant - npr/kpbs (1.6.22)
- Doctors have an arsenal of Covid-19 treatments, but setbacks and shortages are undercutting options - STAT News (1.7.22)
- CDC Director: 'As the Virus Changes, the Science Changes'— Agency's first solo briefing in a year clarifies CDC's position on shorter quarantine - MedPage Today (1.7.22)
- Board of Supervisors Meetings Virtual Next Week - County News Center (1.7.22)
- California lawmakers stay home after possible COVID exposure at going-away party (for Lorena Gonzalez) - Sacramento Bee (1.6.22)
- San Diego Bike Coalition & Free Bikes 4 Kidz To Accept Hundreds of Bicycles for Kids In Need on Jan. 8 from 10am-3pm
- Five local Trek Bicycle locations to accept donations of gently used bikes to be refurbished for children from at-risk communities
- North County -1617 Capalina Rd, Unit B, San Marcos CA 92069
- Solana Beach - 124 N Rios Ave, Solana Beach, CA 92075
- Kearny Mesa - 4240 Kearny Mesa Rd, Suite 108, San Diego, CA 92111
- La Mesa - 8495 Fletcher Pkwy, La Mesa, CA 91942
- South Bay - 3901 Bonita Rd, Bonita, CA 91902
- Bikes to be given to local children from at-risk communities
- Organizers aim to collect and gift more than 1,000 bicycles
- FDA Roundup: January 7, 2022
- There's a shortage of organ preservation devices.
- FDA has authorized 13 EUAs for antigen over-the-counter (OTC) at-home tests and three EUAs for molecular OTC at-home tests
- US COVID-19 Stats
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Data Tracker
- American Academy of Pediatrics Children and COVID-19 Dashboard
- CDC Data Tracker:
- California COVID-19 Stats:
- State of California Safe Schools For All Hub
- Vaccination progress dashboard
- Coronavirus: Resources for Californians
- San Diego County
Post a Comment