|Brooklyn Brewery Sorachi Ace (Saison) for the morning toast|
- Craft beer was up 1.3 million barrels
- Brewers sold 11.5 million barrels
- There were 250 new brewery openings
- There are 915 breweries in planning
- 270 breweries brew less than 100 barrels
- 174 microbreweries opened; 12 closed
- 28.4% growth in microbreweries
- There are 367 more breweries than in 2007
- 179 craftbrewers are canning 73 styles of beer
- There are 1940 total craft breweries operating. Of those, 1083 are brewpubs, 789 are micros, 88 are regional crafts
- The top three styles by sales (in order) are Seasonals, IPAs, and Pale Ale. This is the first year that IPAs outsold Pale Ales.
- California leads in breweries with 280 followed by Washington (134), Colorado (127), Oregon (121), Michigan (102)
- Vermont leads in most breweries per capita.
So there ya go and now you know. Now I'm off to get a more direct education about all of these fantastic brews.