|Southern White Rhino Holly and her new male calf at San Diego Zoo Safari Park (Taken 9.25.2020)|
I'm gonna just bury my head from politics for the weekend. Monday's my birthday and I don't really need to keep reading all the back and forth and back and forth about the Supreme Court and the election and there's just so much to be angry about but we shouldn't be surprised so I'm just going to live in my bubble for a few days if I can.
Today we went to San Diego Zoo Safari Park because we heard there's supposed to be another "heat dome" weighing down on the region and once October hits, it's harder to go because all kids are free and it becomes a madhouse. But today was quite lovely, in the low 80s by the time we got there. I was lingering more, so we didn't do the full park, but we had some gorgeous moments with the baby elephants and then Holly, one of the Southern White Rhinoceros' who recently gave birth was presenting her calf at the lookout so we spent more than an hour just oohing and aahing at how stinkin' cute they are. I'm gonna post a ton of pics at the end of this post after today's stats. Have a great weekend!!
- California COVID-19 Stats:
- 3,400 New Cases/794,040 Total Cases (0.4% increase)
- 84 New Deaths/15,398 Total Deaths (0.5% increase)
- 3% 14-day test positivity rate
- San Diego County Stats
- State Data:
- 171 New Cases/45,598 Total Cases
- 6 Deaths/773 Total Deaths
- 6.9 cases/100k population (Based on week ending 9/5, Assessed on 9/15. State uses Adjusted Case Rate Using Linear Adjustment)
- 3.8% Test Positivity (Based on week ending 9/5, Assessed on 9/15)
- County Data:
- San Diego County COVID-19 Update – 9-25-2020 - County News Center
- 171 New Cases/46,001 Total Cases
- 2 New Daily Deaths/775 Total Deaths
- 5% Daily Test Positivity/3.5% (7-day avg after 7-day lag)/3.5% Test Positivity (14-day average)
- 6.8 cases/100k population (Based on week ending 9/12, As assessed on 9/22. County is reporting unadjusted case rate per 100,000 excluding prisons)
- Case Investigation is 98%
- 3 New/16 Community Outbreaks (7-day)
- SDSU COVID-19:
- As of Sept. 24 at 6 p.m., 939 confirmed cases and 41 probable cases have been reported for a total of 980 cases. Of the 980 cases, 368 cases have been connected to students living on-campus.
- Please note: Of the 26 confirmed cases added to the total case count today (Friday, Sept. 25), only 9 are new cases. The remaining 17 cases were previously reported to the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency, but only recently identified, through continued cross-referencing between San Diego State University and HHSA, as having an SDSU-affiliation.
- Check other stats: UCSD COVID-19, USD COVID-19, CSU San Marcos, PLNU
- Covid Death Toll Nears 1 Million, But Real Number May Be Double - Bloomberg Prognosis (9.24.2020)
- Falling COVID-19 Viral Loads May Explain Lower Rates of ICU Use, Deaths - CIDRAP (9.24.2020)