|Saturday is National Aunt's Day, so here's a pic of my nieces and sisters. (Taken 5.1.2020)|
On my dad's birthday, my brother called to wish him a happy birthday. And also to defend the president. "What they're saying about him, it isn't true." A NAVY captain, he was defending the accusations that the White House occupant defamed dead and injured soldiers.
Then we got the Woodward tapes admitting that the American people were repeatedly and intentionally lied to about the severity of the novel coronavirus and the pandemic.
The gaslighting happening right now is simply unbelievable. We are told that we can't believe what we're actually seeing and hearing with our own eyes and ears.
Earlier tonight, Politico dropped a story that confirmed what we already believed to be true; the administration's health department communications aides have been editing CDC reports because the TRUTH reflects poorly on the way the pandemic was handled and is still being handled.
We're lucky we don't live in an information bubble and can trust people who know what they're doing or have the scientific curiosity to admit that we don't know what we don't know. But the terrifying reality is that there a lot of people playing politics with this pandemic and I seriously hope we see major changes come election day.
Anyway, last night Darren and I had a fun night in the 'speakeasy' and distantly cocktailed with our neighbor as she told us how things happening right now correlate to the Jewish end-times prophecies.
Today was a relatively quiet Friday with a zillion emails and I binged The Duchess on Netflix. It stars (and is created by) great stand-up comedian Katherine Ryan and definitely locks in on her awkward/funny humor. The short 6 episodes are a breezy watch, though the dialog is fast so you've got to pay attention so as not to miss her quips.
- California COVID-19 Stats:
- 3,326 New Cases/746,191 Total Cases (0.4% increase)
- 111 New Deaths/14,089 Total Deaths (0.8% increase)
- 4% 14-day test positivity rate
- San Diego County Stats
- State Data:
- 284 New Cases/41,610 Total Cases
- 16 Deaths/725 Total Deaths
- 6.9 cases/100k population (7 days before 7-day lag, Reassessed on Tuesdays. Data for week ending 8/29)
- 4.3% Test Positivity (7 days before 7-day lag, Reassessed on Tuesdays. Data for week ending 8/29)
- County Data:
- 361 New Cases/41,969 Total Cases
- 5 New Daily Deaths/730 Total Deaths
- 4% Daily Test Positivity/4.5% Test Positivity (14-day average)
- Case Investigation is 97%
- 0 New/17 Community Outbreaks (7-day)
- Other News/Politics
- Mayor orders San Diego’s Smart Streetlights turned off until surveillance ordinance in place - San Diego Union Tribune (9.9.2020)
- Record Flooding Threatens Millennia-Old Pyramids in Sudan: Rising water levels could damage ancient structures at Meroe and Nuri - Smithsonian Magazine (9.10.2020)
- On Sept. 11, San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) confirmed additional COVID-19 cases within the on- and off-campus student population. About 75 percent of these cases are among undergraduate students living in off-campus housing that SDSU does not manage. As of Sept. 10 at 6 p.m., 562 confirmed cases and four (4) probable cases have been reported for a total of 566 cases. - SDSU COVID-19 FAQ
- CSU Campuses to Continue with Predominantly Virtual Instruction for Academic Terms Beginning in January 2021 - California State University News (9.10.2020)
“After extensive consultation with campus presidents and other stakeholders, and careful consideration of a multitude of factors – regarding the pandemic and its consequences, as well as other matters impacting the university and its operations – I am announcing that the CSU will continue with this primarily virtual instructional approach for the academic term that begins in January 2021, and also will continue with reduced populations in campus housing. This decision is the only responsible one available to us at this time. And it is the only one that supports our twin North Stars of safeguarding the health, safety and well-being of our faculty, staff, students and communities, as well as enabling degree progression for the largest number of students."
- Valley Fire
- Valley Fire Updates- San Diego Humane Society
#ValleyFire is at 17,665 acres with 55% containment as of 9pm, 9/11/2020
- All Evacuation Orders, Warnings Lifted, Final Evacuation Point Location Closed - County of San Diego Emergency Updates (9.11.2020, 12:20pm)
- Trump officials interfered with CDC reports on Covid-19: The politically appointed HHS spokesperson and his team demanded and received the right to review CDC’s scientific reports to health professionals. - Politico (9.11.2020)
- New Research Shows Disproportionate Rate of Coronavirus Deaths in Polluted Areas: The type of pollution emitted by many chemical plants in Louisiana's industrial corridor is correlated with increased coronavirus deaths, according to new peer-reviewed research from SUNY and ProPublica. - ProPublica (9.11.2020)
- Clinical Outcomes in Young US Adults Hospitalized With COVID-19 - JAMA (9.9.2020)
Young adults age 18 to 34 years hospitalized with COVID-19 experienced substantial rates of adverse outcomes: 21% required intensive care, 10% required mechanical ventilation, and 2.7% died.
- What Happens When Children’s Covid-19 Symptoms Won’t Go Away: Some parents say their kids have been sick for months, and experts aren’t sure what’s going on - Smithsonian Magazine (9.11.2020)