|September 22 is World Rhino Day (Taken 6.28.2020 at San Diego Zoo Safari Park|
More after the jump.
- Purple Tier Math:
- Next reporting is Tuesday with data for the week ending September 12.
- Using COUNTY numbers reported 9/6-12, here's where we are. 216 + 211 + 247 + 284 + 361 + 445 + 265 = 289.86 7 day average/3,370,418 population. x 100k. = 8.6 cases/100k
- Using STATE DATA (DATE) (9.12) 361 + (9.11) 284 + (9.10) 247 + (9.9) 211 + (9.8) 216 + (9.7) 308 + (9.6) 443 = 2,070/7 = 295.71 average/3,370,418 x 100k = 8.77 cases/100k
- County Data and State Data differ based on the time of day they report and post, with the State usually posting a day behind. State doesn't provide breakdown charts, so this information is based on the daily numbers they provide on their website, not onset of illness, or other nuances.
- For the week of 9/8, San Diego was given a 1.155 "linear adjustment factor". For the assessment on 9/15, that factor was lowered to 1.032.
- As stated above, the linear adjustment of 1.032 will be used every week through 10/6 when they will reassess our testing.
- San Diego will land over 8 cases per 100,000 today.
- COVID-19 News:
- GAO Report:
- COVID-19: Federal Efforts Could Be Strengthened by Timely and Concerted Actions - GAO (9.21.2020)
- New Watchdog Report Shows Trump Administration Still Lacks National Plan on Coronavirus - Select Committee on the Coronavirus Crisis (9.21.2020)
- COVID-19 likely spreading from people to animals—and vice versa - Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (9.18.2020)
- With Covid-19 insomnia now a thing, as a teacher attests, is a melatonin pill the answer to getting a good night’s sleep? - South China Morning Post (9.20.2020)
- The Public-Shaming Pandemic: Around the world, people who accidentally spread the coronavirus must face both a dangerous illness and an onslaught of online condemnation. - The New Yorker (9.21.2020)
- Waters at Oversight Hearing on Pandemic Response: The Trump Administration Has Utterly Failed in Its Economic Response to This Virus - US House Committee on Financial Services (9.22.2020)