Ok. I lied. I put most of the following events in the weekend listings and found a few more, but I realized I wanted to have a little more detail. For all the details on the Train Song Festival, click keep on reading at the bottom. For all others, click on the links for full entertainment schedules.
- German-American Societies Oktoberfest @ German American Society Clubhouse, El Cajon (Fri 4-10pm, Sat Noon-10pm, Sun Noon-9pm. 1017 S. Mollison Ave. $5)
- 13th Annual Old Poway Train Song Festival @ Old Poway Park (14324 Midland Road, Poway, Saturday 10am-4pm. Free.)
- Old Town Arts Festival @ Old Town State Park (Sat & Sun, 10am-6pm)
- Pacific Beach Fest @ PB Boardwalk (11am-7:30pm, Free)
- Polish Festival @ St. M Kolbe Polish Mission, Pacific Beach (Fri 5-10pm, Sat Noon-10pm, Sun Noon-6pm, Admission is $2 16+, free for kids under 16)
- Barktoberfest: Join Us for Barktoberfest!
Who: You, your family, and your dog-loving friends!
What: Join dog lovers from around the county to celebrate our canine friends German style! On October 9th at our Gaines Campus and October 10th at our North Campus, The San Diego Humane Society and SPCA will celebrate our uber dogs that are available for adoption with a fall festival and canine carnival.
Adoption specials: The first 25 dog adopters will receive a special gift basket for their new dog and fees will be $19 for dogs over 7 months and $99 for puppies under 7 months. The community is invited to bring their dogs to participate in the costume contest and the pet people can show off their best Bark Yodel for prizes. Kid crafts, dog-related booths, food and refreshments.
When and Where: Gaines Campus Barktoberfest Event: October 9, 2010 9am - 2pm Canine Carnival / Yodeling and Costume Contest begins at 12pm / 9am - 6pm adoption hours San Diego Humane Society, Gaines Campus 5500 Gaines Street, San Diego, CA 92110 North Campus
Barktoberfest Event: October 10, 2010 9am - 2pm Canine Carnival / Yodeling and Costume Contest begins at 12pm / 9am - 6pm adoption hours San Diego Humane Society, North Campus 2905 San Luis Rey Road, Oceanside, CA 92058
Date: Saturday, October 9, 2010 Time: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- OB Oktoberfest (Saturday 10:30- 8:30pm. Free to $15 depending on activities/drinking)
- La Jolla Art& Wine Festival (Saturday & Sunday, 11:00am - 6:00pm. Event admission is $15 for a two-day pass, $10 for adults, $5 for children 12 and under, military, and senior (65 and above) and free for children 2 and under)
- Festa Little Italy (Sunday 10am-6pm. Free.)
13th ANNUAL OLD POWAY TRAIN SONG FESTIVAL 2010
Hear the sweet sounds of train songs and the steam train whistle on Saturday, October 09, 2010 from 10:00AM.- 4:00PM.
It's the Poway Train Song Festival at Old Poway Park, cosponsored by the City of Poway and San Diego Folk Heritage.
TRAIN SONG FESTIVAL MUSIC SCHEDULE
M.C./performer: Ken Graydon
TANYA ROSE STAGE (GAZEBO)
10:15 Ken Graydon
11:00AM-11:45 AM- Joe Rathburn
11:50AM-12:35PM- Shawn Rohlf (7th Day Buskers)
12:40PM-1:25PM- Jeff Morin
1:30PM-2:15PM- Dave Decker
2:20PM-3:05PM- Allen Singer/Robin Henkel/Dane Terry (Old Rolling Stock)
3:10PM-3:55PM- Chris Clarke
11:00AM-11:45 AM- Jeff Morin
11:50AM-12.35 PM- Joe Rathburn
12:40PM-1:25PM- Allen Singer/Robin Henkel/Dane Terry (Old Rolling Stock)
1:30PM-2:15PM- Shawn Rohlf (7th Day Buskers)
2:20PM-3:05PM- Chris Clarke
3:10PM-3:55PM- Dave Decker
• Live, traditional railroad music
• Storytelling by master story teller Charles Johnson
• Train related vendors
• Model railroad display
• Arts and crafts market and demonstrations
• Steam train rides (for a nominal fee)
• The Heritage Museum and Nelson House will be open
• Mock train robberies and gun-fighting reenactments
• Children's arts and crafts and face painting
• Lunch and sweet treats available (for a nominal fee)
For more information, please call (858) 668-4576.
14324 Midland Road