|Red River Hog and Her New Piglets (Taken 6.10.21)|
I forgot to mention that as we were leaving the San Diego Zoo there was a band setting up on the small stage by the entrance and there was some sort of Name That Tune happening in the event pavilion. My blogger ears also overheard a woman who was leaving her shift talking to another woman about her schedule, so putting the two together, I would expect announcements soon for summer festivities-- Nighttime Zoo and Summer Safari-- at both parks. In the meantime, starting today, the San Diego Zoo is open until 8pm and starting July 2nd, will be open until 9pm. And starting June 18, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park will be open until 7pm. If I'm being honest, I wish they would maintain a reservation system forever but you already know I'm cranky and don't really like masses of people.
That said, we're going to try to go to Sea World tonight, while it's still restricted and reservation only, so I'm gonna cut out. I'll do the regular data report later tonight when I get home. I have notes on the Governor's briefing and drawing today and there's still stuff to come from Cal/OSHA, OSHA at the Federal level, CDC, CDPH, and the State itself, so no point in really drawing out the mask thing until we know what we need to know for sure.
Stay safe out there.
- Free Padres Tickets, Other Prizes for Getting COVID-19 Vaccine - County News Center (6.10.21)
- OSHA issues an emergency temporary standard to protect healthcare workers - OSHA (6.10..21)
- Statement for healthcare professionals: How COVID-19 vaccines are regulated for safety and effectiveness - WHO (6.11.21)
- State of California Media Briefing/Drawing:
- 1 winner from San Diego
- Presented 17 year old Nancy Gutierrez from Vista, CA
- Signing 2 Executive Orders to wind things down and rescind Blueprint
- State will be winding down, revising, or rescinding numerous executive orders.
- Will be aligning state masking guidance with CDC guidance
- Cal/OSHA will release their agenda for next week meeting (June 17)
- Port of LA hit a milestone of 10M cargo in last 12 months
- Governor Newsom Announces New Rewards for Vaccinated Californians as Second Round of Vax for the Win $50K Winners is Drawn
- More than 21 million Californians were entered to win $50,000 in cash prize drawings, with 30 winners selected to receive a total of $1,500,000
- California has seen a 13 percent increase in vaccinations, becoming one of the only states in the country to achieve a week-over-week increase
- New partnerships with California-based businesses including Taco Bell, Chipotle, the LA Clippers, the Golden State Warriors and the Team LA Store at STAPLES Center
- On June 15, 10 additional Californians will be selected to receive $1.5 million each, for a total of $15 million
- Accelerating summer opportunities for students
- All schools should be full time, goes into effect June 30th at midnight
- State Public Health Officer Order of June 11, 2021 - CDPH
- To help prevent the transmission of COVID-19, the new order requires all Californians to follow the state's current guidance for masking, mega events, K-12 schools, child care programs and providers, and the portions of current K-12 schools guidance that have been made explicitly applicable to day camps and other supervised youth activities.
- Mask Guidance in effect June 15
- Beyond the Blueprint for Industry and Business Sectors - Effective June 15
- Governor Newsom Statement on Federal Funding Agreement for California High-Speed Rail Project - Office of Gavin Newsom (6.10.21)
- Mayor Gloria Elected to Leadership Role in U.S. Conference of Mayors
- Mayor Gloria and Mara Elliott held a press conference to urge support for SB 538, which allows for e-filing of restraining orders, remote appearances so abused don't have to confront abusers, dropping fees for restraining order requests and more.
- Legislators Push ATF to Crack Down on Problem Gun Dealers. Following an investigation by The Trace and USA TODAY, lawmakers are urging the agency to take a tougher line on gun sellers who break federal regulations. - The Trace (6.9.21)
- White House:
- County Health Advisory Task Force Seeking Public Input On Social Services In June - County News Center (6.11.21)
- Other Reading:
- Containment strategy: How pots filled with annuals, grasses, herbs and more can transform any outdoor space - The Washington Post (6.11.21)
- Elton John says UK will lose “generation of talent” due to post-Brexit touring rules. “Despite this looming catastrophe, the government seems unable or unwilling to fix this gaping hole in their trade deal" - NME (6.10.21
San Diego Zoo Photos (Taken 6.10.21)
Post a Comment