Tuesday, December 12:
- Secret Apollo, Merch, and The Mints @ Scolari's
- The Strays & The Slackers @ Casbah
- Me First and the Gimme Gimmes @ House of Blues.
- Karaoke Night @ The Ken Club
- Competitive Eating Contest @ The Tower Bar. Free to enter, winner gets a $30 bar tab. Tonight's contest: Nacho eating.
- Free Shit: Opening of Firefly (a clothing store carrying lounge/yoga gear). 928 Fort Stockton, Mission Hills. There will be free hors d'Ouevres and cocktails from 5-9pm. Unlike other more private openings, no RSVP required and quarter page ads were in both CityBeat and the Reader, so this is a come one, come all opening.
- Update: More Free Shit: Tonight at the W Hotel there is complimentary sake tasting from 6-7pm in Magnet for an event called "Palate". I've been there for a tequila tasting and I was the.only.person.there. Seriously. So don't be shy or think it's some classy joint. It ain't. They really aren't very good at getting the word out about these things.
Just one reminder for tomorrow night, Dec 13:
Neighborhood Boutique grand opening:
To mark the occassion, Christine McLaughlin (neighbourhood's adept youngowner) is putting together a fashion show featuring the boutique'sholiday gear. It's just in time for all those holiday parties you'll beattending in December! The fashion show, complete with live projectionsand beats provided by DJ Beatnick, starts at 8:30 p.m.
And as if all that isn't enough to get you to go out on a Wednesday night,San Diego CityBEAT will be at the opening with their first ever art show. It's called Seen Local, and it will feature new works by Joshua Krause,Pamela Jaeger, Mike Maxwell, Harry the Hat, Neko, Chandu Reading, Kelsey Brookes, Thatkidpeep and Bryan Ray.
If you're still on the fence about attending, here's the real kicker: Grand Ole Party and MC Flow will be performing followed by a lineup of DJs. We've got a beer sponsor and there'll be plenty of wine to go around. See you there!