Tuesday, September 23, 2008:
- Silver Jews, James Jackson Toth @ Casbah
- Railroad Earth, Sara Petite @ Belly Up
- Brazilian Girls, The Submarines @ House of Blues
- Sex Mannequin, The Verso, Audrye Sessions, DJ Heather Hardcore @ Beauty Bar
- Tuesday Connect feat The Desert Diamonds on the turntables @ The Ken Club
- too cool for karaoke, More Morrissey Than Thou @ The Ruby Room (former San Diego Sports Club)
- "Totes Tuesdays" Djs Sid and Buddha @ Radio Room
- FM 94/9 Big Sonic Chill Night @ Air Conditioned Lounge
- Mechanical Bull Riding @ U-31
- Comedy Night @ Lestat's
- Game Night @ 710 Beach Club
- Live Dub with Dubby Conquerors, Space Echo @ Winston's
- Jesse Davis @ Humphrey's Backstage Lounge
I didn't get a chance to ask Luiza why the band skipped San Diego again, but as best as I can tell, it's because they prefer to play all-ages venues where adults can drink and roam free (San Diego has no such venue).
She did mention that their Casbah gig a while back was rough, but she didn't say that it had to do with San Diego specifically. She mentioned (offhandedly) that they had a hectic schedule, no roadies, etc.
They're certainly not stuck up and they don't think they're above us, so that's not the issue.
Post a Comment