Saturday 10a-8pm. Two music stages. Brat Trot 5k. Lady Dottie and the Diamonds, Elijah Emmanuel, Johnny Different, Troy Dante Inferno and more. Vendors, food, family entertainment, and a beer garden near the pier.
This event is a tribute to our Polish heritage (did you not know I'm half Polish half Mexican?), our pride in being American citizens, and San Diegans. During the festival, there will be performances by the Polish folk dance groups and various bands. We will also have street dancing with live music, delicious Polish food, and imported Polish beer will be served will be served.(looks like they were already drinking some of that beer!) Polish souvenirs, t-shirts, and amber jewelry will be sold during the event.
PLEASE COME JOIN US IN OUR CELEBRATION AND ENCOUNTER TRUE POLISH HOSPITALITY!!!!
Saturday, October 13: Noon-10:00 pm
Sunday, October 14: 12:30-7:00 pm
St. Maximilian Kolbe Roman Catholic Polish Mission
1735 Grand Avenue
San Diego, CA 92109
Little Italy Festa:
Saturday- "Gesso Italiano"- Street chalk murals only, no vendors. 10a-6p
Sunday- Vendors, entertainment, art, food, bocce ball tournament, stickball tourney, and more. 10a-6p
Get your walking shoes on and get out to a weekend festival. As a veteran of street fairs, here are some suggestions for what you might wanna consider taking with you:
Rosey's Street Fair Survival Tips:
- 1 Liter bottle of water (at least)
- Napkins/Kleenex/Baby wipes- We've all had the nightmare of port a potties with no paper... be prepared for crowds and port a potties and unexpected spills and messes
- Purell or other hand sanitizer...most festival food you eat with your hands...the same hands that are touching handles, port a potties, street merch, etc. and there's not always a sink around
- Sunscreen. October is our summer. It may not be August, but the sun will be there and your skin needs to be protected.
- Personally, I'm anti flip flops at a street fair... your black feet and funky toenails are just gross to look at, Dude. But if you must, (and in OB, I guess you must), consider a change of clothes because when the sun drops, so does the weather and nobody likes a whiner at a street fair...first you were complaining about being hot now about being cold. You are a bummer to your friends, so carry your own backpack and be prepared.
- In that same vein, an extra pair of socks feel great after walking around all day.
- Other items you might consider...lotion, trial sized deodorant, a toothbrush...you never know where you might end up...you just might get lucky...if not, you still get stinky and sticky.
- A camera. There's so much to capture! Bring a camera and laugh about the drunk hippie falling down while doing her swirly dance. Then post it on YouTube.
See you in the beer gardens!