|Magnolia & Jacaranda (Taken 9.8.21)|
It's been a long day so I'm gonna veg on the couch and watch some TV. I can't decide what is more intriguing...the Murdaugh Murders, the Theranos trial, or watching Erika Jayne drama on RHOBH. Thursday will be good TV as Biden rolls out a new plan for COVID-19 and I'm sure the media pool's brains are going to explode from the conniption fit. Hopefully I'll have my laptop back and can feel like a more functional human being, and I'm also hoping to maybe hit the San Diego Zoo while Nova is in school.
Speaking of Nova, she's been inquiring about Doc Marten's of late, so I pulled out all of mine...turns out I've got 8 pairs, including my first ones I bought at Catwalk in 9th grade. She likes one of them, but tried wearing them to school on Wednesday and the whole sole clunked off one foot. Fortunately she was still in the yard and able to come home to change. But later in the afternoon, my sister called me from a resale clothing shop called Plato's Closet and said there were two pair of 8-hole oxblood boots. She bought them and delivered after the girls' soccer, but they didn't fit. And the store is final sale on all shoes. So now my sister is keeping them, and Darren and Nova went to get the other pair, which did fit (and fit me!!) So now Nova is the proud owner of her first pair of docs. It's funny how much confidence a pair of shoes can affect.
Anyway, off to TV land. Stay safe out there.
- Children and COVID-19: State-Level Data Report - American Academy of Pediatrics
- 251,781 child COVID-19 cases were reported the past week from 8/26/21-9/2/21 (4,797,683 to 5,049,465) and children represented 26.8% (251,781/939,470) of the weekly reported cases
- Over two weeks, 8/19/21-9/2/21, there was a 10% increase in the cumulated number of child COVID-19 cases since the beginning of the pandemic (455,744 cases added (4,593,721 to 5,049,465)
- 'A last resort': Crisis standards of care enacted in Northern Idaho - Becker's Hospital Review (9.8.21)
- COVID-19 surge in the US: The summer of hope ends in gloom - AP News (9.8.21)
- Effect of Vaccination on Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 - NEJM (9.8.21)
- How the Delta variant’s remarkable ability to replicate threw new twists into the Covid-19 pandemic - STAT News (9.9.21)
- Local Suicides Down During Pandemic - County News Center (9.8.21)
- City of San Diego Begins Crackdown On Non-Compliant Outdoor Dining Areas (It's about time - ed.) - NBC San Diego (9.8.21)
- Other Reading:
- Report: COVID-19 pandemic driving alcohol sales in Wisconsin - AP News (9.8.21)
- Vice President Harris campaigns for Newsom in recall race: "They know he is a national leader" - CBS News (9.8.21)
- VOTE NO ON CALIFORNIA RECALL!!