My amazing artist friend Susie, of BoyGirlParty, sent me this email from her sister Lilly. I would like to share it with you and it takes less than 30 seconds to vote. The short of it is that her mom's novel, Sky of Red Poppies, is a finalist for KPBS' One Book, One San Diego contest. Click here to vote.
I am proud to be the first to tell you that SKY OF RED POPPIES, my mom's debut novel (based on a true story), was announced today as a finalist for KPBS's One Book, One San Diego!
Having seen this book grow as she reworked it over the past 20+ years, I'm sure you can imagine how thrilled we are. However, the final step involves a public vote: this is where you come in!
If you could take a moment to please vote for SKY OF RED POPPIES on the KPBS website, we stand to make one author's dreams come true.
Whether you vote for her because:
1) this is the only finalist novel written by a local author
2) this book has been the little engine that could and you want to see its continued success
3) you believe in promoting Persian literature
4) you believe in promoting really cute little Persian authors
5) you believe in promoting underrepresented points of view (Iranian. woman. prisoner. need I say more?)
6) you have tasted my mom's cooking
7) you really, really don't want to get back to your work email
8) you like the cover
9) you are impressed they got the spelling right on her last name
Whatever your reason, I hope you will take one moment to click and vote, and possibly change her life forever.
Many thanks for your time and for anyone you choose to forward this to!!!