|Rhino at San Diego Zoo Safari Park (Taken 1.20.2020)|
I decided to use a rhino photo today because today's Zoo email reminded me that two rhinos have been born in the past few weeks as well as an endangered retiulated giraffe. Gotta find the good news where you can. Can't wait to see some baby photos.
Some links today after the jump.
- Here are my latest articles on SoundDiego:
- 2020 Bayfest Canceled (4.23.2020)
- Black Heart Procession Frontman Casts a Pall on ‘Love in the Time of COVID’ (4.22.2020)
- Make Your Pandemic Productive: Take a Lesson From a Local Music Star (4.21.2020)
- You should definitely NOT take this headline at face value, but this is an important read. It's mostly an economic view of the pandemic and social-distancing, but doesn't take into account the 'cost' of human lives. It actually suggests to properly eradicate the disease, we should've done more. "The researchers blamed this failure on the focus on flattening the curve, which depended heavily on public cooperation on social distancing. The policy resulted in a major disruption to economic activity and social life but was not effective in isolating infected people from the rest of the population. To some extent, it was worse than doing nothing, they said."
- This is an interesting look at radio in the time of this pandemic. I mean, besides the fact that most of us are staying home...and who has a radio at home anymore? But I will say that Pyles has been doing it right, with the interactive livestream on Facebook on Sunday nights during his radio show so fans and friends can connect. It's become a must-do Sunday night event for me and many others.
- In a Crisis, Radio Should Be Bigger Than Ever — So Why Isn’t It? - Rolling Stone (4.21.2020)
- The Comic-Con Museum opening is obviously delayed, but they're offering some online activities, too.