|The Intersection of Harbor Drive and 5th Avenue from Comic-Con 2018|
We're heading out to attempt contactless bread delivery. Wish us luck.
Today's links after the jump.
- We all knew this was coming and even posted about it last week, but today Comic-Con 2020 was officially canceled. The opening of the museum will be delayed, too.
"For the first time in its 50-year history San Diego Comic Convention (SDCC), the organizers behind the annual pop culture celebration, announced today with deep regret that there will be no Comic-Con in 2020. The event will instead return to the San Diego Convention Center from July 22-25, 2021."
- Some great news for AB5! Lorena Gonzalez, who originally authored and championed AB5 has announced pending amendments for musician exemptions.
- Lorena Gonzalez Announces Pending Changes to How AB 5 Applies to the Music Industry - Lorena Gonzalez Official Website (4.17.2020)
- Musicians to Be Exempt From California ‘Gig Economy’ Assembly Bill 5 - Variety (4.17.2020)
- Sheet Music Direct is offering a free 30-day trial of their Pass Subscription and have nearly doubled the available music.
- I have to admit that I haven't really left my house. I've had to go shopping, sure, but besides that, I've not physically walked outside of my yard because my neighborhood sidewalks suck, there're too many people out and about at all times of day, and no safe way to socially distance. So I'm definitely onboard with this op-ed:
- It's Time for a More Nuanced Approach to Park Closures - Voice of San Diego (4.17.2020)
- And a reminder: The Right Way to Pass Fellow Pedestrians, and Other Social Distancing Tips - CityLab (4.10.2020)
- San Diego Museum of Art: Art Alive goes Virtual April 24-26
- A Virtual ‘Art Alive’ Lives On At San Diego Museum Of Art - KPBS (4.15.2020)
- Virtual Art Alive Official Museum of Art Event Page