|Mount Laguna Snow Day (Taken 12.29.2015)|
- In which Cleveland National Forest asks, "WHAT PART OF STAY HOME DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!": Cleveland National Forest Temporarily Shutting Down Trailheads and Roads: "In alignment with current federal, state and local guidance for social distancing and to ensure health safety of its visitors, volunteers and employees the Cleveland National Forest will temporarily shut down some trailheads, roads and the Corral Canyon OHV Area effective April 11, 2020 through April 30, 2020." (Click the link for all closures. 4.11.2020)
- This year I was getting a Comic-Con press badge for my coverage for sddialedin instead of NBC, so I'm especially sad about this, but to be honest, who would've felt comfortable going to a space where over 135,000 people? I would not be surprised to hear similar news from the San Diego County Fair.
San Diego Comic-Con Will Make Cancellation Announcement Soon - NerdBot (4.10.2020)
- A Happy Story: Thanks to Sheltering in Place, Animal Shelters Are Empty - Wired 4.10.2020
- This one kinda gets a big eyeroll because of the oozing privilege, but I kinda like this quote: "For some reason, we were going down the wrong path and Mother Nature just said, 'Enough already, we’ve got to stop everything.' This is going to last long enough to lead to some kind of new way of thinking."
David Lynch Wants You to Meditate, Maybe Make a Lamp During Self-Isolation - Vice Mag (4.9.2020)
- It's not kind to wish ill on people, but the pastors across this country who are jeopardizing the health of their parishioners makes me insane with rage. There is no excuse for this stupidity and arrogance.
“My President Is Not My God”: Some Churches Are Planning To Host Hundreds For Easter Sunday Services Despite The Coronavirus - Buzzfeed (4.11.2020)
- I've always had conflicting feelings about Sea World, but can we put that on ice for a minute? If you're a parent, I'd highly recommend subscribing to their email right now. They're providing weekly lessons on animals with crafts, puzzles, and other stimulating activities, broken down by age group.