|A photo from Santa Clara Point Recreation Center in October 2019. This park remains closed.
I have to say it feels like everyone is kinda breaking. This weekend is supposed to hit the 80s and what started as whispers to 'reopen the country' last week are now the only thing we're hearing and talking about and people are getting antsy. I found out my god-sister decided to hang out at a friend's house today and I was pissed. Wherever she goes, she brings back to my parents. You start suspecting everyone else for breaking the-- albeit somewhat arbitrary-- rules and then you're back at being angry at everyone else for breaking rules that the rest of us are following. Still, am I following them? Are my CostCo or Grocery Outlet trips essential? Many could say no. So we all relax a bit and then we're still in this situation because San Diego is still on the uptick and had our biggest 'death day' since this whole thing started. And to say 'you do you' doesn't work because when you do you, you also do me, and my parents and your parents and cousins and so on. It pains me to say, just follow the goddamn rules for once. Links after the jump.
- The Mayor discussed the LEAP program (which has existed for at least a few years in San Diego already.) It offers financial incentives like a $500 signing bonus, guaranteed rent payment, and extra coverage for damages.
- Program Offers Incentives to Landlords Who Rent to Homeless: The program provides rent subsidies, up-front incentives, increased security deposits and additional damage repair funds - NBC San Diego (4.21.2020)
- Not to keep talking about the covidiots because I'm not trying to amplify their bullshit, but there are some good posts about their origins. As Esquire said, "Coronavirus Lockdown Protesters Are an Avatar for American Ignorance."
- Make America Protest Again - Popular Info (4.21.2020)
- Give Me Liberty and Also Death: American Ignorance rears its head as scattered groups of protesters demand an end to the coronavirus lockdown because "liberty." - Esquire (4.20.2020)
- Letters From An American - Heather Cox Richardson 4.19.2020