|Sea Lion at La Jolla Cove, Taken 4.29.2019|
I'm literally crying right now. If you haven't watched I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story on Amazon Prime, do it right away. Today was kind of a a slow day for me. Darren and I had a fun and late night in the 'speakeasy,' I gave away some things in the Buy Nothing -Normal Heights group, hung out in the yard to get some sun for part of the day, and then went down a rabbit hole researching my next story for SoundDiego (hint: it involves UFOs.) The governor addressed a four phase plan to get California working again, but I can't figure out where Zoos, active sports, and chilling on the beach come in. Lots of interesting links and things today, after the jump.
A Special Song from Kermit the Frog
To the Lovers, the Dreamers, and You... Keep believing.
Posted by Kermit the Frog on Friday, April 24, 2020
- California Governor Gavin Newsom spoke on Tuesday about the state's progress on the 6 federal metrics for reopening and rolled out a 4-stage plan for 're-opening' the State of California. You can read the entire transcript here. Otherwise here are some of the main points. I'll skip all the stuff about the federal metrics, because this was just more reiteration of what we've been told daily for the past couple weeks. Basically, we're making progress and haven't maxed out our available medical beds.
- "The virus has not gone away. Its virulence is still as acute. Its ability to be transmitted still is dominant, and so we, by no stretch, are out of the woods. There is durability to this virus, and there may be, we’ll see, seasonality."
- It's possible school will start end of July/early August
- Phase 1 (we're in now): Stay at home, essential work only. Planning, workflow, focusing on supply chains, physical and environmental considerations, testing, contact tracing, securing PPE.
- Phase 2: Lower risk workspaces, curbside-pickup retail, manufacturing of nonessentials, schools. Childcare facilities and centers with strict physical distancing and environmental considerations at hand. Workforce protections, customer consumer protections.
- Phase 3: Personal care- gyms and spas, nail salons, hair salons, churches, smaller entertainment venues
- Phase 4: Highest risk activities: larger public venues, conventions, concerts, larger entertainment venues. Requires therapeutics to be in place.
- If numbers begin to spike, will have to assess on regress in real time.
- My SoundDiego story from earlier this week made the news. Check the link for the video.
- San Diego Rocker Proposes With Great-Grandma’s Ring She Got During 1918 Flu - NBC San Diego/SoundDiego (4.27.2020)
- I keep emphasizing that misinformation matters. The United States is pretty self-obsessed as a whole, so it's easy to miss what is happening in other places on the planet. Maybe if we had been paying attention to other countries earlier in the year, we wouldn't be where we are now.
- Over 700 Iranians Dead From Methanol Poisoning Over False Belief the Chemical Cures COVID-19 Time (4.27.2020)
- County Rolls Out Testing, Tracing, Treatment Strategy - County News Center (4.28.2020)
- COVID-19: ‘The Atlantic’ article about San Francisco is a fable. Here’s what’s really happening. Mission Local (4.13.2020)
- GOP congressman says letting more Americans die of coronavirus is lesser of two evils compared to economy tanking CNN (4.15.2020)
- Best Coast Beer Fest goes digital. You can buy tickets by May 2nd and $45 general admission includes: Beer tasting kit including 12 beers from 10 of San Diego's most amazing breweries, a souvenir tasting cup for you to sippity, sip beer from, access to the exclusive Zoom beer fest, connecting directly with each brewer, beer trivia with awesome prizes.
- California PUA: Self-employed, freelance and gig economy workers can apply for unemployment benefits starting today - ABC7 News (4.28.2020)
If you appreciate the posts on this site, please consider a small donation or tip via Venmo/sddialedin or Paypal. If you're in need of CBD products, check out Pure Ratios via my referral link.