|My last time at the Casbah- I was social distancing before it was cool. (Taken 3.13.2020)|
I was watching the news earlier and there were two separate but similar rallies at the County Administration Building and of course it pissed me off. If you're going to protest school closures or hybrid learning, restaurants and gyms closed, mask wearing or whatever, you might want to represent with some people of color or check your privilege. It's absurd and pointless as we're already moving forward. You might also reconsider saying you know that schools can safely reopen when you and your children, at an outside rally, can't socially distance or wear a mask. And the news keeps interviewing loser Kevin as if anyone gives a shit about him or what he'd do when he was the fucking mayor and literally did nothing good for San Diego.
I'll end my rant because Nova and I are cycling through comedy on Youtube. We caught Stephen Colbert's interview with Dr. Fauci.
Colbert: If I get the vaccine, can I hit the clubs two weeks after?
Fauci: No, you shouldn't hit the clubs until we get the level of virus down so low that there's no threat to hit the clubs.
I was thinking that the Casbah may be able to open by the summer, but I'm thinking that was overly optimistic, especially as the US approaches 30 million cases and we're seeing peak mask-refusal across the country. Things are gonna keep opening up at a rapid clip, even before kids are back in school, so I imagine we'll see number stay around what they are or even rise again before the fall.
I didn't really read much online today, so just a couple links. But you should also watch this horrifying story on KPBS News Hour about extremism in the military and contractors.
Also, a little tip from California State Parks: daylight saving time: Not “savings.” There is no “s” in “daylight” when referencing “daylight saving time.” Note: Don’t forget to spring forward one hour this Sunday, March 14, starting at 2 a.m. Set your clocks ahead, stay safe out there, and rock the shot when you can.
- VOTE FOR STRAWBERRY IN MARCH MEOWNESS!
- Popular border park on water’s edge on track to reopen in June - Border Report (3.8.21)
- How the Wildflower Season Is Shaping Up in SoCal - Spectrum News (3.10.21)
- Global COVID-19 Stats (JHU 3.13.21 7:43pm):
- 119,473,731 Known Cases
- 2,647,251 Known Deaths
- US COVID-19 Stats
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Data Tracker
- 29,399,486 Cases
- 534,279 Deaths
- CDC Data Tracker:
- 29,176,658 Known Cases
- 530,693 Known Deaths
- Vaccines 135,846,665 Delivered/105,703,501 Administered
- California COVID-19 Stats:
- State of California Safe Schools For All Hub
- Vaccination progress dashboard
- Aggregate California ICU Bed Availability: 26.7%
- R-effective: 0.71
- 15,702,230 Doses Delivered/11,418,507 Doses Administered
- 3,230 New Cases/3,523,563 Total Cases (6.6 new cases per 100k)
- 217 New Deaths/55,095 Total Deaths (0.1 new deaths per 100k)
- 2.1% 14-day test positivity rate
- 3,812 COVID-19 Hospitalizations (-146 patients, -3.8% from prior day)
- 1,030 COVID-19 ICU hospitalized in CA (-1 patients, -0.1% from prior day)
- 2,092 ICU beds available (+3 from prior day)
- San Diego County
- Free Testing Sites and Schedule in San Diego
- Vaccination Dashboard
- San Diego County Of Education School Reopening Dashboard
- State Data:
- Southern California ICU Bed Availability: 27.6%
- R-effective: 0.67
- 362 New Cases/264,886 Total Cases (6.7 new cases per 100k)
- 12 Deaths/3,434 Total Deaths (0.1 new deaths per 100k)
- 8.9 cases/100k population (Assessed on 3/9. Unadjusted Case Rate)
- 3.3% Test Positivity (Assessed on 3/9)
- 4.5% Health Equity Positivity (Assessed on 3/9)
- 320 COVID-19 hospitalized patients (+4 patients, +1.3% from prior day)
- 99 COVID-19 ICU hospitalized patients (+5 patients, +5.3% from prior day)
- 277 ICU beds available (+28 from prior day)
- County Data:
- 384 New Cases/265,273 Total Cases
- 10 New Daily Deaths/3,444 Total Deaths
- 1,270,145 Doses Received/1,204,923 Doses Administered
- 3% Daily Test Positivity/2.8% (7-day avg after 7-day lag)/2.9% Test Positivity (14-day average)
- 8.8 cases/100k population (Assessed on 3/9. Adjusted case rate per 100,000 excluding prisons. 1st week of red tier.)
- 90% Case Investigation
- -11.6% Day Over Day COVID-19 Hospitalizations (271 patients. -68% over 30 days)
- 35% ICU Capacity (91 patients. -68% over 30 days)
- 59 Staffed ICU Beds Available
- 4 New/16 Community Outbreaks (7-day)