I was trying to come up with some trivia or otherwise creative way to give these away, but I came up empty. Instead, I thought it would just be nice to hear your whiny reasons why you didn't just buy the tickets. From the entries, I'll choose the top five, then one lucky winner will be selected by none other than my cat, Mr Boo Radley, in his standard fashion of smacking a piece of paper off the TV. Very scientific, I know.
I am gonna be a little strict about the following, however.
- Send me an email. Do not send a message to my MySpace accounts. Do not leave a comment on this blog. Send an email. Click "about me" to the find the correct address.
- The subject line must read "Modest Mouse Tickets" or it will be deleted.
- Write a short sob story about why you want/need/will die without the free tickets. Broken hearts, tragic illnesses, unemployment stories work well. Pictures of you in your most depressed mood work even better. I will not publish the responses or pictures.
- Include your first and last name, your neighborhood, and your phone number. This info is for me only, I ain't gonna sell your shit or anything like that.
- To my friends, family, neighbors, groupies, friends with benefits- You know I love you, but your friendship gives you no advantage in this contest. All entries will be considered fairly.
- Entries must be received by 5 pm on Friday.
I'll notify the winner on Saturday. Bring on the waterworks!
And, for those of you who don't win, CLICK HERE to buy tickets.Tickets through the Casbah site are sold out, but tickets can still be purchased through Soma's Lunatiks site. Don't pay sleazebag scalpers online! Tickets are still available at face value.
Post a Comment